Groundwork is quietly being laid by the National Rifle Association in an attempt to pass some of the broadest gun possession legislation in the state’s history. SB3002 (Faulk, R-Church Hill) would rewrite state law and allow permit holders to store firearms in their personal vehicles at their places of employment. Tennessee’s business advocates, individual employers, … Continued
MURFREESBORO — In the past ten years, the state has gone from covering 55 percent of Tennessee’s public college and university budgets, to just 30 percent. The other 70 percent is covered by the students, according to data from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. The state’s HOPE scholarship for high achievers used to cover about … Continued
Legislation introduced by Sen. Mike Faulk (R-Church Hill) to require all employers – public and private – to allow employees to store firearms in personal vehicles at their workplace is scheduled to be before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday. SB 3002 would arguably go as far to include employees of K-12 schools, and colleges … Continued
KNOXVILLE — The University of Tennessee’s campuses at Knoxville and Martin are the only public institutions and among just four Tennessee universities named among The Princeton Review’s “150 Best Value Colleges for 2012” list.
NASHVILLE – U.S. Rep. Jim Cooper and Mark Cate, special assistant to Gov. Bill Haslam, spoke to more than 100 University of Tennessee alumni and UT officials at the winter meeting of the UT Advocacy Council on Saturday.